When getting started on your label project, use this list to guide you through the process and ask yourself the following questions:
- What does the label adhere to? (Plastic, metal, glass, corrugated, aluminum.)
- What are the surface conditions? (Smooth, or textured, flat or curved, clean or oily.)
- What environment will the label be exposed to?
- At what temperature will the label be applied?
- Does the label need to be permanent or removable?
- Is there any imprinting? (If imprinting, what method is being used?)
- Does the label require any testing? (i.e. PPAP)
- Do you have a sample? (If yes, do you want us to match your sample?)
- Do you have a blueprint? (If yes, please provide.)
- What is the size of the label? (Do you want exact size or is there a +/-?)
- How many colors? (Spot color or CMYK?)
- Material type? (Paper, Film, Polyester, Polypropylene, etc.)
- Is there a Mandatory Liner? (If yes, what is it?)
- Does the label need lamination for protection? (Gloss, matte, etc.)
- How is it being applied? (Machine or Hand-applied?)
- Is there consecutive numbering?
- Are there any barcodes? (If yes, what is the symbology?)
- Any copy changes? (If yes, how many?)