Green Day isn’t just a band it’s every day here at Whitlam Group. Whitlam’s Environmental Policy Statement is “Protect the Environment”. We understand how important it is to make clean choices that will protect our environment for everyone’s future. Here are some of the ways that Whitlam has gone green to Protect the Environment.
- The prevention of pollution
- The reduction of waste
- Commitment to continual improvement
- Compliance to applicable legal and other
- PET/Paper Recycled Liners
Our environmental programs include:
- Energy usage reduction: Turning off lights and unused equipment, keep doors shut, shut down computers at night, and purchase energy-efficient equipment
- Reduce solid waste: Recycle paper, corrugated boxes, plastics-production scraps, and waste matrix materials.
- Emergency response team: Prevent and/or contain spills
- Hazard waste disposal: properly dispose of waste ink and solvent, used oil and liquid industrial waste, and universal waste.
- Saturated rags: Rags do not enter the waste stream since they are laundered by Absorbtech.
- Air Quality: Always maintain a clean air both indoors and outdoors by limiting harmful chemicals and keeping containers closed. We also use non-solvent inks whenever possible to limit our chemical discharge into the atmosphere.