Designing a new label can be challenging, yet fun at the same time. We decided to put together the ten steps to designing graphics for your products label. The following steps below will help guide you design the perfect label!
10 steps to designing graphics for a label from scratch
- What is the label size? Length, width, height, volume thickness etc.
- What are you looking for?
Example: modern feel, classic feel, simple or detailed. These are really important to think about when designing a label.
- Do you have a specific font type, style, & color you are looking for?
Note: keep in mind not everyone can read bright small colors.
- How do you want your font to appear, uppercase, lowercase, or mixed type?
- Any special effects your client is looking for? Gradient, drop shadow light/dark, etc.
- On the label are there sections of type or ingredients that need to be included?
- What would you prefer Photographs or illustrations?
- If using photographs, will we need to crop anything out?
- Is there going to be a border? What color? How thick?
- Do you have any printed pieces or samples to match for color or style?